The theme of the 6th Conference on Emerging Adulthood is: A Decade of Emerging Adulthood: What Have We Learned? Where to Now?
It has now been a decade since our first conference on emerging adulthood, held November 3, 2003 in Cambridge, MA. Since then, numerous studies of and writings on the age period spanning the late teens and twenties have advanced and refined our understanding of what it means to become adult in the 21st century around the globe. We now find ourselves in a place where we can evaluate: What have we learned about emerging adulthood so far? Where should the field go from here?
Special topics highlighted throughout the program:
- Cultural variations in development from age 18 to 29
- Emerging adulthood in a lifespan context
- Mental and physical health in emerging adulthood
- Vulnerability, risk, & resilience
- Emerging adulthood in minority or understudied groups