Find nearby dining, attractions and events in surrounding Wheeling, IL or nearby Chicago.
We hope you enjoy your visit to the Chicago area. We have collected some information about the local area that may spark your interest.
At the Hotel:
- Saranello's: Upscale Italian cuisine in a lively, rustic atmosphere by Executive Chef Mychael Bonner.
- Tramonto's Steak and Seafood: Restaurant by Executive Chef Rick Tramonto, featuring prime steaks and fresh seafood.
- RT Lounge: Raw bar and unique sushi menu with creative cocktail specials and an extensive wine list.
- Rise N Dine Pancake Café: Huge breakfast menu of traditional staples with a twist: Eggs, French toast, pancakes, crepes, waffles. Also available for lunch with sandwiches, burgers, panini and wraps.
102 S Milwaukee Ave, Wheeling, IL: 2 minute drive from Westin North Shore
- Wheeling Donuts: Local favorite for a quick breakfast of traditional donuts.
729 W Dundee Rd, Wheeling, IL: 5 minute drive from Westin North Shore
- Pita Inn: Fast, healthy, inexpensive Mediterranean cuisine for lunch breaks. Menu items such as hummus, kabobs, falafel, salads, pita sandwiches.
122 South Elmhurst Rd, Wheeling, IL: 7 minute drive from Westin North Shore.
- Potbelly's Sandwich Shop: Delicious, healthy sandwich chain. Good variety of sandwiches, salads, soups and their famous milkshakes!
1520 E Lake Cook Rd, Wheeling, IL: 3 minute drive from Westin North Shore
- Taqueria Alamo: Quick Mexican food, great for lunch.
58 North Wolf Rd., Wheeling IL: 2 minute drive from Westin North Shore
- Rammy's Sub Contractors: Fresh, local sandwich chain with large variety of meats, breads and sides. Good lunch spot.
834 Wheeling Rd, Wheeling, IL: 7 minute drive from Westin North Shore
- Bob Chinn's Crab House: Fresh seafood restaurant. Large variety of dinner fare, with many gluten-free options as well. Also available for breakfast and lunch.
393 S Milwaukee Ave, Wheeling, IL 60090: 3 minute drive from Westin North Shore
Call (847) 520-3633 for reservations.
- Benihana: Japanese restaurant chain with traditional hibachi and sushi bar. Available for lunch or dinner.
150 N Milwaukee Ave, Wheeling, IL: 2 minute drive from Westin North Shore
- Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant: Diverse menu with chicken, steak and seafood options. Extensive wine list from their own vineyards. Gluten-free menu available.
583 N Milwaukee Ave, Wheeling, IL: 2 minute drive from Westin North Shore
- Edwardo's Natural Pizza: Award-winning Stuffed Pizza, Calzones, and other Italian specialties. Good opportunity to try traditional Chicago pizza!
401 E Dundee Rd: 3 minute drive from Westin North Shore
- Chicago Botanical Gardens
15 minute drive from Westin North Shore
Performing Arts: Wheeling
- Metropolis Performing Arts Centre: Look for shows as date is closer.
111 W Campbell St, Arlington Heights, IL: 20 minute drive from Westin North Shore
- Ravinia Festival:Look for shows as date is closer.
200 Ravinia Park Rd, Highland Park, IL
- Cuneo Mansion and Gardens:This historical estate was originally built for one of GE's original founders, Samuel Insull. Later bought by the prominent Cuneo family, it now stands as a reminder of what early country-life looked like. Concerts and lectures are often held on the grounds: Look for shows as date gets closer.
1350 N. Milwaukee Avenue Vernon Hills, IL: 20 minute drive from Westin North Shore
For the Emerging Adult (Or anyone who still has the energy): Wheeling
- Bar Louie: Full bar and restaurants with happy hour specials and DJ on weekend nights.
200 E Rand Rd, Mt Prospect, IL 60056: 15 minute drive from Westin North Shore
- Rocky Vander's Café: Sports bar with plenty of TV's for catching a game, lots of drink and food specials and dance floor and DJ in later hours.
698 N Milwaukee Ave, Prospect Heights, IL: 5 minute drive from Westin North Shore
- Red Moon Martini Lounge: Swanky lounge atmosphere with a diverse menu of unique cocktails and a popular dance floor.
70 S Arlington Heights Rd, Arlington Heights, IL: 20 minute drive from Westin North Shore
- Par-King Skill Golf: Mini-golf course 5 minutes down the road. Open until 10:30 PM.
21711 N Milwaukee Ave, Lincolnshire, IL
- Chicago Indoor Racing: A large indoor race track facility for go-karting. Fun spot to rev up a group competition. Also has a restaurant and bar to refuel afterwards.
301 Hastings Dr, Buffalo Grove, IL: 5 minute drive from Westin North Shore
- Art Institute of Chicago: Chicago's most prominent art museum with an extensive and diverse collection. Look for exhibits as date is closer.
111 S Michigan St, Chicago, IL
- Millennium Park: This public park was constructed to celebrate the turn of the millennium and is located north of the Art Institute of Chicago. It holds the famous Cloud Gate sculpture (a.k.a "The Bean") and the 2.5 acre Lurie Garden
- Museum of Science and Industry: Huge museum showcasing a variety of exhibits surveying the history of science and technology. Look for exhibits as date is closer.
57th St and Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL
- Chicago Cultural Center: The nation's first free municipal cultural center known for its beautiful stained-glass domes and free cultural exhibits and performances. Look for exhibits as date is closer.
78 East Washington Street, Chicago, IL
- Wrigley Field: The beloved home to the Chicago Cubs, the city's national baseball team. Tour options available.
1060 W Addison, Chicago, IL
Michigan Avenue: The main downtown stretch full of shopping and many of the city's landmark buildings.
- The Willis Sears Tower: The view from the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere is unlike any other with 360 degree views from 1,353 feet high.
233 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL
- Chicago Oriental Institute: A huge archeological collection with objects from ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia and Persia. Look for exhibits as date is closer.
1155 E 58th St, Chicago, IL
- Lincoln Park Zoo: The city's free admission zoo, known for its large assemblage of monkeys!
2001 N Clark St, Chicago, IL
- Pequod's Pizza: Consistently reviewed as one of the best places to get deep-dish pizza in Chicago.
2207 N Clybourn Ave, Chicago, IL
- Lou Malnati's Pizzeria: Another highly rated place to get traditional Chicago style deep-dish pizza.
439 N Wells Street, Chicago, IL
- Heaven on Seven: A popular breakfast and lunch spot full of classic breakfasts with a Southern and Cajun style spin.
- Catch 35: Top-notch seafood restaurant located in the downtown Loop.
35 W Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL
- Tavern at the Park: Highly rated contemporary American restaurant located right across from Millennium Park.
130 East Randolph Street, Chicago, IL
- The Purple Pig: Tapas restaurant with a range of Mediterranean, Italian and Spanish flavors.
500 N. Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL
- Chicago Shakespeare Theater on Navy Pier
800 E. Grand Ave, Chicago, IL
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra
220 South Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL
- Lookingglass Theatre Company: This unique theater produces literary adaptations performed with a twist- anything from acrobatics to dance to circus arts.
821 N. Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL
- Lyric Opera of Chicago:Chicago's most prominent opera house.
20 North Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL
- Second City: The world-premier comedy club with Chicago-style sketch comedy where some of the country's most famous comedians got their start.
1616 N Wells St, Chicago, IL
- iO Comedy Club: The comedy club with a reputation of feeding into Second City, this theater is perfect for a night of laughs.
- Blue Chicago: Popular blues bar to watch live music.
536 N. Clark St, Chicago, IL
- Green Mill: Live jazz music with a mix of blues.
4802 North Broadway Street, Chicago, IL
- Windy City Rollers: A unique, cheap way to spend a night out. Watch roller derby- a popular local favorite!
- Navy Pier Ferris Wheel: Gives you a beautiful view of downtown Chicago and the Lake; a great way to see the city skyline.
- Chicago Food Planet Food Tours: A great way to sample local specialties!
- Chicago Detours: Popular Chicago tour guide company, providing an interesting overview of Chicago's history and attractions.
- Wendella Boat Tours:A fun way to learn about the city while on the water!
For the Emerging Adult (Or anyone who still has the energy!)
- Old Town Pourhouse: A popular bar in the heart of downtown Chicago, always packed with young professionals. Over 90 beers on tap and a full menu.
1419 N Wells St., Chicago, IL
- Schubas: A cozy, casual venue that books live music.
3159 Southport Ave, Chicago, IL
- Galway Bay: Neighborhood dive bar with music, drinks, pool tables and old-school video game selection!
500 W Diversey Ave, Chicago, IL
- The Grafton: Old-school Irish pub with large selection of draft beers.
- Bin 36: A wine bar with evening tasting classes that offer a selection of wines and appetizers.
339 N. Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL
- Public House: Delicious restaurant in early evening turns into lively bar scene at night.
- Suite Lounge: An upscale atmosphere with a laidback vibe, this is a popular place to try unique cocktails and listen to local music.
- Tiny Lounge: Lounge with a food menu of small-plates and plenty of drink options.
4352 N Leavitt Street, Chicago, IL
- Smart Bar: Popular dance club with house music, high-tech sound system and local DJs.
3730 N. Clark Street, Chicago, IL
- The Shrine: Mega night club with multiple dance floors and top DJs from the area.
2102 S. Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL
If you plan to extend your stay in downtown Chicago, check out these accommodations:
- Talbott Hotel: $166 and up
20 East Delaware Place
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower: $168 and up
20 East Chestnut Street
- Hampton Inn Majestic Chicago:$179 and up
22 W Monroe St.
- Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel:
221 N. Columbus Drive
- Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North: $155 and up
410 N. Dearborn St, Chicago, IL